“I recommend this book highly to everyone.” –Deepak Chopra, M.D.
This special updated version of the New York Times-bestseller, Kitchen Table Wisdom, addresses the same spiritual issues that made the original a bestseller: suffering, meaning, love, faith, and miracles.
“Despite the awesome powers of technology, many of us still do not live very well,” says Dr. Rachel Remen. “We may need to listen to one another’s stories again.” Dr. Remen, whose unique perspective on healing comes from her background as a physician, a professor of medicine, a therapist, and a long-term survivor of chronic illness, invites us to listen from the soul.
This remarkable collection of true stories draws on the concept of “kitchen table wisdom”– the human tradition of shared experience that shows us life in all its power and mystery and reminds us that the things we cannot measure may be the things that ultimately sustain and enrich our lives.
“Sitting around the table telling stories is not just a way of passing time,” writes Rachel Naomi Remen in her introduction to Kitchen Table Wisdom. “It is the way wisdom gets passed along. The stuff that helps us live a life worth remembering.” Remen, a physician, therapist, professor of medicine, and long-term survivor of chronic illness, is also a down-home storyteller. Reading this collection of real-life parables feels like a late-night kitchen session with a best friend, munching on leftovers while listening to the good-as-gossip stories of everyday heroes and archetype villains. Every story guides us like a life compass, showing us what’s good and lasting about ourselves as well as humanity.
|Number Of Items|
|Number Of Pages|
Returns and Exchanges
There are a few important things to keep in mind when returning a product you purchased.You can return unwanted items by post within 7 working days of receipt of your goods.
- You have 14 calendar days to return an item from the date you received it.
- Only items that have been purchased directly from Us.
- Please ensure that the item you are returning is repackaged with all elements.
Ship your item back to Us
Firstly Print and return this Returns Form to:
30 South Park Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94108, USA
Please remember to ensure that the item you are returning is repackaged with all elements.
For more information, view our full Returns and Exchanges information.
- Creative Ideas for Small Kitchen Design
- Designing Your Kitchen Made Easy
- Thank us later! Everything you want to know about modern kitchen design
- Here are 5 ways to Add Functional Space to your Kitchen Pantry!
- Small Kitchen Design – Smart Ideas for Small Kitchens
- How to Make your Kitchen More Functional and Beautiful
- Add a touch of elegance and functionality by a Stainless Steel Kitchen Cabinet
- Useful tips to design your kitchen by the way you like
- How to restore Stainless Steel Kitchen Sinks
- How to create your dream kitchen including essentials and decorative finishes