The designs of the kitchen have greatly evolved in the last years. Now the kitchen manufacturers are creating a more open-faced kitchen which is a part of a dining area, a family area or a large room. When you decide designing your kitchen there are many features you should determine and here we will give you some ideas that will help you in designing your kitchen.
1. Consider placing an island or peninsula in your kitchen design if you are going to redesign your kitchen or planning a new kitchen for your new home. Kitchen island or peninsula is very useful in connecting the kitchen to a nearby dining area or family room and this connection can create a large room. Moreover, it allows the cook to have a visual contact with the family, friends or guests who seating in the nearby room.
2. Create a kitchen canopy to frame your kitchen without blocking views. And you can make your kitchen looks larger with a high ceiling.
3. Use the color of the kitchen cabinet to set the tone of the entire room. The look of your cabinets depends on your choice of wood. The light wood like beech, birch, oak, maple, or chestnut will create a light look. Go for cherry for medium range. But if you want a dark kitchen, choose wood that has some color to it.
4. Regarding counter arrangements, many kitchen designers prefer the galley-type design as the best type because of its efficiency. The galley-type kitchen has a single aisle and counters on both sides and this design allowing the cook to move easily from the sink to cooking counter.
5. Many homeowners don’t give sufficient attention to the kitchen lighting when designing their kitchens. While the kitchen may have mostly a good lighting, the counter areas can be a little bit dark. If this is the case, use under-cabinet lightening to provide more light to the kitchen. If your kitchen is small, install simple spots or fluorescent lights as they will make your kitchen look larger.
6. Countertops are available in different natural material such as granite, marble, and limestone which are the most popular choices. There are also ceramic tile kitchen countertops which are functional and they are available in many colors, patterns, shapes and finishes. While wood countertops last for a long time and are easy to clean, the wood can’t stand up to water and chemicals.